Monday, August 29, 2011

Son - Rise Program 5 Days and counting.

We finally have the son - rise program going and the therapy has been intensive, I've seen great strides in only 5 days. Five days, Occupation therapy was making progress, in 2 months we've seen some progress, but Son - rise in five days has made amazing strides. The change is remarkable. I as a Mom am floating on air... I feel so very happy. I'm seeing my little boys again and it's great.

Adriel in 5 days has made progress in eye contact, sustaining it from 5 seconds when the program first started to a regular 15 second time span. To the average Mom and Dad this doesn't sound like much but for an Autistic kid this is amazing progress, and in only five days. Adriel seems happier and more lively. Adriel tonight said ball and identified 2 different balls correctly with only being told what the item is once. He also tried to interact with me with it... Though he didn't quiet get the concept he made an effort, he ended up kicking it around the room, which is more then he's ever done with a ball. It's amazing. Adriel also gave both Dad and I the first kiss we ever had from him last night... Our first kiss from our Autistic son.

Mathias didn't seem to be making the same strides, but with his sleeping issues I thought it was expected. But tonight he proved me wrong, He picked up a ball tossed it at me hitting me in the forehead and ran off. I promoted him asking him if he wanted to play catch, he happily said catch and tossed the ball at me. He went about this several times. I asked him one time to find a ball for me, he looked around I thought he wasn't gonna find one, he did he found one from beside the toy box and brought it to me. The very first 1 step direction he has ever followed. Mathias in the last few days has been full of kisses and hugs for all the caregivers and for us, willingly without asking. Mathias even said Hi to Dad when he came in from work to come see him, and gave him a kiss. Looking at these kids they are not the same kids that they were 5 days ago. Praise God from this program

I am a Mom that is walking on sunshine right now.... Strides that seem so small to most but big to us... The Son - rise program will continue.


I'm one happy Mommy.....

Mathias in 5 days has made progress but I didn't think quiet as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment